Saturday, September 16, 2006

Poll question

A few days ago I finished class at 11, and started eating my lunch -- I had skipped breakfast and was quite hungry. So as I'm sitting there eating my two pieces of cold homemade pizza, a friend comes in and chastises me: "What on Earth are you doing eating pizza for breakfast?"

There are two problems here. First, eleven o'clock is not really breakfast time anymore, and even though it was in fact my first meal of the day, if you come across someone eating at the law school at 11 a.m., you should assume they're just eating (an admittedly early) lunch, right? Second, and more importantly, when the hell did cold pizza become an unacceptable breakfast food? Until Thursday I was under the impression that every person in the whole wide world has at some point eaten cold pizza for breakfast. Or at minimum anyone who has ever been to college. But no, this guy thinks I'm the weird one here.

So I put it to you, dear readers. Cold pizza -- delicious breakfast food? Or victual of heathens?

Never had cold pizza for breakfast, good grief. Just another reason why Michigan sucks.

15 comments:

freakangel said...

I was randomly scrolling through blogs, and I had to comment on your post.

As a seasoned college student, I can assure you that cold pizza is indeed a delicious breakfast food. Not only this, it is considered one of the four major food groups, the others being caffeine, cheeze-itz, and the ever popular raamen noodles.

nyeK said...

scrumtrelessent. pizza for breakfast is so scrumtrelessent that i can barely move.

Elle Woods said...

I just had to set you straight about Michigan...Trust me, we eat cold pizza for breakfast.

Go Blue!

Erin Mc said...

Cold pizza has always been and will always be a breakfast standard. No shame there.

Nye! said...

Yes, I suppose I need to add an addendum to that -- Michigan apparently sucks unless they're playing Notre Dame. Congrats on the big win.

Lyco said...

I agree. Pizza is like triangular cereal.

Elle Woods said...

I had been fearing OSU until that game. Now I'm pumped. My secret fantasy is for OSU to go undefeated and for us to ruin any National Championship Aspirations. I could die happy if that happened.

Nye! said...

Why is that a secret? My open fantasy is for Michigan to go undefeated into that game, and then have OSU crush them by like a billion points. That would be great.

First Year said...

Delicious breakfast food, obviously!!! Don't you have to go to college before law school???? Thats half the reason to get pizza, so you can eat it at 8am, cold before heading out for the day. Some people!

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of someone from Michigan not eating cold pizza for breakfast. Perhaps the person you met is a freak, and not someone typical of Michigan?

Nye! said...

Joe, is that you?

eff said...

i dunno...it might not be appropriate breakfast food. my immediate feeling was to affirm what i initially thought was the obvious: it is an adequate and acceptable source of breakfast-type nutrition...however, after some thought, i think it may only be acceptable as a midnight or pre-nap snack.

Nye! said...

What about people (e.g., me, my freshman year in college) who prefer to nap immediately after breakfast?

EK said...

You were up in time for breakfast freshman year of college?

Nye! said...

Well not literally, Dude . . . .