Saturday, August 12, 2006

Reap what you sow

I do not exactly have what you'd call a green thumb. Where I grew up, we tried to put together a garden, but it would inevitably get eaten by deer or run over by the center fielder in our side-yard baseball/kickball/whiffleball games. So when we planted 11 tomato plants, 1 cucumber, and 5 pepper plants this spring, I thought maybe we'd get a couple of meals out of it. Well, today we pulled off about 15 pounds of tomatoes, and now I expect to do so about every week for the next month or so, maybe more. We've got cucumbers the size of my . . . arm, and plenty of peppers to boot. Lyco would be proud.

So, I guess my point is, if any of you need tomatoes (mostly roma, but some other ones too), I am your man.

Not a very blogtastic week in my world. Sorry.

1 comment:

Lyco said...

I just found this post. I'm just now catching up to the blogosphere from my move.

I am proud. And slightly jealous.