Sunday, August 20, 2006

Overheard in the card aisle

A couple shopping for a birthday card:

Woman: "Happy birthday, and many, many more."
Man: "What? No. 'Many, many more'? Listen, she's ninety-two, and nobody wants her to make it to ninety-three."
Woman: "Hm, you're right. How about this one? 'Peace for your soul, joy for your spirit, love for your heart. Inside--May these things be yours, especially today.'"
Man: "That's not bad. It doesn't say say 'we love you' anywhere in it. Isn't there one that just says 'it's your birthday'?"
Woman: "Not that I can see. Maybe we can make a custom one."
Man: "No way am I spending an extra two dollars on this. Let's just get that last one. She won't read it anyway."


3 comments:

Kat said...

oh my, that's horrible!

Giselle said...

Wow. I love it!

Gavin said...

So, I just googled "being awesome", and this is the first thing that popped up. I... being awesome... read the story of the card isle. It made my day times 3. I just wanted you to know... you made my day times three.