Thursday, April 20, 2006

I seeeee you!

Here's another question. I check our site meter from time to time to see how people are getting to this blog. Over the last three days or so, someone repeatedly has been Googling my full name, middle initial included, in quotation marks. Like, three or four times a day. And whoever this is appears to read like every page on the whole blog. And the IP is registered to "USCOURTS" in Washington, DC. This is interesting for two reasons:
  1. My full name does not appear anywhere on this blog. That's not because I have anything to hide--this is not, after all, an anonymous blog. But still, it's not there.
  2. I don't know anyone who works at any court in Washington, so I'm not sure (a) why anyone in Washington actually knows my name and (b) why that person would bother to read this blog. Repeatedly. Without bothering to just bookmark or remember the URL.
Ideas?

6 comments:

lawyercollege said...

Are you sure your full name doesn't appear anywhere on the blog? Not even the comments section?

I think you should be flattered that you have a stalker.

Calculating Bitch said...

Don't you hate it when you get added to the terrorist watch list?

Or, in the alternative, have you applied for any clerkships lately?

Nye! said...

Update: It has come to my attention that all federal courthouses are listed as Washington. I get it now. No big deal.

Calculating Bitch said...

Update: Apparently I'm also now on the terrorist watch list. My comment ticked someone from the US federal courts and now they've clicked on my profile and thus my blog. This better not turn into a stalker for me as well...

Sanchovilla said...

I figured it out.

Well, I not the part of who is googling you, but you might already have an idea who it is. Your name does appear on your website...not together though.

Check your source code.

Nye! said...

No, it's not the source code, because that doesn't have my middle name. Anyway it doesn't matter.

But to CB -- that was me this morning, don't sweat it.