Friday, April 21, 2006

Another installment of Crim Pro quotes....

Some of these may be repeats, but I looked through the blog and don't think I've posted any of these gems yet.

“That’s how it was where I went to law school. You never left the library, it was like a truck stop. It was fantastic, I mean, you’d never leave. I know people that got married in there. We need to at least get a television, you know, so we could learn something.”

“I used to teach class outside all the time. I’d come in dressed in a robe like Jesus and mingle amongst the people. I’d break off my lecture like a loaf of bread. I’d feed 5,000 people with 2 pages of notes. It was amazing.”

(Addressing the silence after asking for a volunteer) “Not only do we need outlets for plugs, we need strings so I can pull your hand up in the air, that’s the way to do this.” (noticing a student not paying attention) “Want to take a shot at it? You’re looking out the window I see.”

“I’m going to Oxford later this semester, I was reading the description of the dorms we’re staying, and I said to myself, I wish I was staying at the MCC.”

“I mean, the only people going to public defenders are?….. LOSERS! The other guys have beaucoup money. Haha, just kidding, sort of.”

“Chris Henry, I mean, you wave a gun when you’re drunk, who among us . . . . who among us hasn’t mouthed off a little when they’re drunk. True, he was wearing his own jersey, he could have at least worn a Chad Johnson jersey.”

“Waving a gun around . . . this for a professional athlete? I mean, if he was a basketball player, he wouldn’t even be charged.”

“Do we have any Kentucky people here? No kinfolk? Aren’t all you people in Kentucky related?”

“The Ancient Greeks have consumed olive oil since the start of time and they’re still going strong, right? OK, bad example.”

“We have this football player, and he has this ex-wife and she’s taking his money and supporting her waiter boyfriend. He’s making beaucoup money, but then he’s going to the Super Bowl, then driving off in a Hyundai, I ain’t saying she’s a gold digger and all that.”

(After a lengthy debate on the death penalty, saying system is fine, it works, it's a necessary part of criminal justice etc.) “After saying all this, I’m against the death penalty . . . . . . . JUST KIDDING!”

“Facts of the case: We’ve got this guy ranching out in Montana, not really Brokeback, but close..”

“This all started with the Tonya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan incident, but I mean, I can’t blame Tonya, if anyone needed whacking, it was Nancy.”

“At some point the Warren Court blew their collective noses and looked down and said, oh look, a right of privacy.”

Man-crush? Most definitely.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not really "booco" or "boocu"... I think it's actually "beaucoup" which is French for "a lot." But it's pronounced the way you spelled it.

Tre! said...

Wow, I'm an idiot. Thanks, corrected.

The Namby Pamby said...

These are fantastic

Anonymous Law Student said...

The comment about the Greeks....I'm stealing it.