Friday, March 31, 2006

Moving

So I'm moving tomorrow, but it's a Friday, so I got the apartment key from my new landlord tonight. This means I have a completely empty apartment tonight. I attempted to persuade a few of my friends to sit around, drink, and play cards in the new place before going out tonight. I had always seen this as somewhat of a rite of passage. If you have an empty apartment, you drink in it, that's just what you do. However, my "new" law school friends are above this, apparently. It's extremely disappointing. I hope my new apartment isn't offended by their rebuff. I guess it's solitaire and solitary drinking.

5 comments:

Cosmopolitan said...

I'll be there in like 8 hours...

Nye! said...

I call bullshit. I am not offended by this, I just wasn't informed. Just for that, I'm not helping you move on Saturday.

Nye 1.0! said...

That and Jeff would get drunk on a whim if you called him. Ok, now that i have stopped laughing from that one. You should just go make some new friends at a bar and invite them back to an after hours party at the empty place. I mean its not like they are going to break anything.









































































































PS. Jeff you owe me a debt of gratitude for getting drunk and making an ass out of myself any more so the i would have sober at your wedding.

Nye! said...

This is one of the things I love about my brother -- does anyone have any idea what that last sentence means?

Nye 1.0! said...

Well in my defense, i was drunk and making an ass out of myself. And what i meant to say was you should be glad i didnt do what i did to your blog last night at your wedding. And that my dear brother, was make an ass out of myself.