Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A new game

The NFL's regular season is over, and even though there are still 11 postseason games to go, the 2005 Fantasy Football season is no more. I guess I have to count that as a good thing, as I didn't have a single team that was even really decent.

To get that taste out of my mouth, we're going to try a new fantasy game here. Some time next week, half a dozen or so GMs will draft fantasy rosters of UC Law professors for a roto league. Details are still being worked out, and we're very much open to suggestions, but I think we'll probably start something like 2 tenured faculty, 2 associate faculty, and a flex. Maybe we'll start an adjunct too. Possible scoring categories are things like number of publications or citations, awards, blog hits, pages of reading assigned per week, number of minutes by which class ends early (or late), cold calls per class, etc. Feel free to drop ideas in the comments and check back soon for a draft-day recap.

6 comments:

Trotskey said...

Has anyone gotten any grades yet? According to C. Carp. some grades are up. I'm finding it hard to believe that Tax grades haven't been turned in though because the test was 100 questions on scantron. What does that take, about two seconds to grade?

Nye! said...

Not only do I not have any grades, but Fall 2005 isn't even listed as one of my options yet. The Corporations exam was entirely scantron as well, but no luck yet.

Nye! said...

Actually, check that. My corporations grade has been posted within the last hour.

Tre! said...

I still have nothing, and no option for Fall 2005.

Anonymous said...

lassiter's grades are up

Nye! said...

So are Krafte's, if you had IP with her.