Thursday, January 05, 2006

Hook 'em, I guess

I'll confess, I'm not a big Keith Jackson fan. Many consider him the best college football announcer out there and are quick to tell me that he's probably forgotten more about football than I'll ever know. But that's the problem -- he's forgotten everything. From incorrectly naming players, to missing fumbles, to not knowing how many feet you need in bounds in college, to arguing that one TD should be nullified because the ball crossed the goal line out of bounds, to misstating the "ground cannot cause a fumble" rule... he was just awful last night.

Also, I'm really rooting for Vince Young to enter the NFL draft, because I have no idea how on Earth the Buckeyes will stop him next year. I'm sure he'll be missing a lot of his supporting cast (3 OL are graduating, possibly more declaring early), but he looked even better than College Michael Vick.

2 comments:

Tre! said...

I absolutely love Keith Jackson, but not everything (see Michael Jordan comeback) gets better with age. You're right on here. I caught him a couple times earlier this year and had already noticed the slippage, but I think everyone became aware after last night.

The lowlight was the end of the third quarter when KJ couldn't figure out what was going on. "USC calls a timeout, wait, no, Texas calls a timeout, is the play under review, did someone take my bread pudding?" Great game anyway, weird watching football in Aruba though.

Nye! said...

Yes, color me surprised -- I didn't even know they had television in Aruba.

Have you seen Natalee Holloway?