Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Top-notch radio

I tuned in to a little bit of the Monday Night Football game on my way home from the library. The game was starting to get out of hand, so I guess I shouldn't have been surprised to hear this exchange between announcers Boomer Esiason and Marv Albert.

Boomer: "Bless you! [Name of producer] just sneezed right into my microphone. God bless you!"

Marv: "You feeling OK, [Name]?"

Boomer:
"Someone get me some disinfectant here. What is that stuff? I need some Purell, and I need it now."

Marv:
"Did he actually sneeze on you?"

Boomer:
"Man, I'm a germophobe. But who isn't, Marv? Who isn't afraid of germs?"

Marv
(patronizingly): "Boomer, try to calm down."

Boomer:
"Geez, wow. Someone get me something, here. Marv, do you know what the dirtiest place in your hotel room is?"

Marv
(obviously thinking about his biting-a-hooker-in-a-hotel-room incident): "Oh, I don't want to know!"

Boomer:
"Is it your phone? Is it your bedspread? What is it, Marv?"

Marv
(getting annoyed and uncomfortable now): "Aw, Boomer --"

Boomer:
"It's the TV remote! The TV remote! You gotta watch out for that thing. Or maybe bring your own if --"

Marv
(exasperated): "Boomer, I don't --"

Boomer
(gleefully): "I saw it on 60 Minutes!"

1 comment:

ipse dixit said...

Man I hate Boomer. Now I think I hate him just a little bit more.