Monday, July 11, 2005

Have you heard of Vietnam? You are entering a world of pain.

I did a very stupid thing last night. You know that car I mentioned in the previous post? I apparently left it unlocked, and my wallet was stolen from it. Right in my driveway, while I slept.
Now, my neighborhood is not the sort where hoodlums go door-to-door trying to break into cars. The only explanation I can think of is that someone must have seen me leave my wallet inside and the car unlocked. I'm thinking I must have some trouble-making teenagers nearby. The only neighbors I've met so far are the ones right next door, and while that might put them under the proverbial microscope because they're so close, I'm thinking they probably didn't have the time or energy to do it, what with their twin infants just three weeks old. In any case, whoever it was did manage to get $138.23 worth of groceries at the Kroger right down the street before I managed to close my accounts. Oh, and they also got my three dollars in cash. So I spent all morning filing police reports, getting new credit cards, bank account numbers, etc.
Good work, guys. When I figure out who you are, I'm going to cut off your johnsons.

7 comments:

momma of 2 said...

Just came across your blog, had to comment. I have some un-asked for advice for you. You will also need to contact the credit reporting agencies and tell them your wallet was stolen, that you want them to put an alert on your reports... this should help slow down those evil villians from opening any new accounts... because the $138 at the local grocery store is nothing, just wait until they start opening AOL accounts, new credit cards, get loans - vehicle or house on your credit... it's hell, and I totally understand. But do the paperwork, your credit is worth it.

Anonymous said...

i agree--especially if you got your driver's license long enough ago that it still has your SSN.

Tre! said...

Nye, I'm sorry buddy that sucks. If you are feeling up to it, we are having a big barbeque at my place today. I went to the store last night and got like $140 worth of good steaks. Let me know if you're in.

Trotskey said...

Mt. Washington is more thuggish than you'd think. And you thought you were getting away from all that by leaving Clifton. Sorry man.

Justine said...

I bet that wallet really tied the room together, man

Nye! said...

Yeah, and this guy peed on it. Er, stole it.

Thanks for the advice -- I've actually already done exactly that. I talked to the police, the bank, the credit card company, the credit reporting agencies, the insurance company, the license bureau, and CostCo.

meaty said...

did you call cops yet? americas most wanted?