Sunday, June 19, 2005

Happy Father's Day, all you Baby Daddies

Father's Day is a hallmark holiday. Guys usually hate these things, mainly because it just means buying more expensive gifts to "prove our love" to the women in our lives. We get the gifts this time though, so you don't hear too much bitching from the male camp (note: I am not yet a father, I do not get gifts on father's day yet). For this reason, I won't blog about how stupid the holiday is, however, Father's Day has to be a little confusing for some people.

Do baby daddies get a gift on father's day? What about sperm donors? On the other end, what about adopted children of a lesbian household? These kids seemed to be really screwed. Do they have to give a gift to their biological fathers and the butch lesbian? I bet people didn't think about this possible dilemma when they legalized gay marriage. What about children that were born as a result of an extra-marital affair? Or a call to a gigolo? Or a gang-bang? Or sitting on a unisex public toilet seat? I just wish Hallmark would think about these things before cursorily declaring a holiday.

2 comments:

Apple Martini said...

Sitting on a unisex toilet seat?? So THAT'S how it happened! And here I thought I was Virgin Mary 2.0!

Cosmopolitan said...

Tre, you are such a compassionate guy. Thanks for thinking of others. I, for one, do purchase gifts for all of my babies' daddies.