Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Elope

Seriously, when you decide to get married, just elope. The closer this wedding gets, the harder time I’m having believing that it will be worth all the stresses involved. Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited for the wedding and looking forward to being married – I think it will be great. But planning a wedding? Fuckin sucks.

And yes, I know what you’re thinking – “but you’re just the groom, you didn’t even have to do most of it!” And you’re right. But try leaving creative control up to your fiancée and being involved enough that you’re not making her do the whole thing herself? That’s a fine line to walk, my friends.

So I bid you farewell as a single man. I’m leaving in about half an hour to head to Cleveland, and then to Toledo on Friday morning. When I come back next week I will have a new wife and a new last name. Wish us luck!

PS – Pray for good weather. It’s an outdoor wedding and they’re currently predicting a 40% chance of rain. Fuck.

PPS – I was kidding about the last name, you asshats.

5 comments:

Cosmopolitan said...

Congratulations and best wishes!!! We'll look forward to more blogging upon your return. (I hope your blogging doesn't suffer because of married life...)

johnnytsmum said...

jeffrey, farewell and may the force be w/you. just sit back and enjoy the show. remember, even when your fiance asks for your opinion on an aspect of the wedding, she really doesn't want it, at this pt it is exactly the way she pictured it, just leave it alone. oh, and one more tidbit of advice, smile in all of the pics, you may think that you're getting away w/it the day of the wedding, but your wife will destroy you the day she gets the pics back and you're sitting next to her as she flips through them (don't ask, just trust me on that one).

EK said...

You should make you name Nyze. Or Zane. Or even Zany.

Apple Martini said...

And another Soldier of Singledom falls! You can now be our roving reporter from the front lines of Marriagehood. Good luck, best wishes; have a great time and come back with lots of bloggable stories! :)

Me said...

Congratulations and best wishes.