Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Our Criminal Justice System at Work

As I sit here attempting to cram a semester worth of Crim Law into 48 hours worth of studying, I feel like it's somewhat all for naught. I'm not one to criticize the officers charged with enforcing the law or anyone in charge of correctional facilities, because I know their jobs suck (and they might be one of the really smart ones that could manipulate me into confessing to some crime I didn't commit and get me locked up). I've watched Oz a lot, and I've seen Shawshank Redemption like 45 times. I digress. The point I'm trying to get to is that somehow the US criminal justice system allowed THIS MAN back out on the streets again. 20 days after his release, he stabbed two pre-teen girls 31 times. The same man that was originally locked up for chasing his neighbors around with a chainsaw. Way to go guys, you really rehabilitated the shit out of this one. And really, can't you tell how crazy he is just by looking at him.

No comments: