Saturday, April 09, 2005

This has gone a step too far..

First, it was Richard Simmons and Sweating to the Oldies.

Then, it was salads at Micky D's and nutritional info on all food, making you feel bad about eating stuff that tastes good.

Next, the Atkin's Diet, followed by the South Beach Diet.

Now they even serve fruit bowls at some Wendy's, the former home of the quadruple bacon cheeseburger.

But finally the weight nuts in America have stepped over the line. They've taken one of my childhood idols and ruined him. I have a bad feeling that soon he will no longer be a shell of the man he once was. I'll remember him for his indomitable and wild spirit, his unquenchable passion for life, and love of cookies. Don't let the bastards get you down, Cookie Monster.

1 comment:

Apple Martini said...

I know how you feel - kind of like making Oscar go to anger management classes. I guess they have to do something, though, considering how fat kids are right now. I'm glad my mom made us play sports after school our whole lives - even though I know she probably only did it to get us out of her hair for a while!