Monday, April 11, 2005

Adults are kids, too

I'd just like to clear a few things up about my home life and my relationship with my blogmate Tre.

Tre is my classmate here at UC Law. We're both from the Cleveland area, but we didn't go to school together and might not have known each other anyway because he was two years ahead of me. We met in the fall at a flag football game and have been practically inseparable ever since.

Tre is also my son. My fiancee and I adopted him after we discussed adult adoptions in Property. It was a difficult decision to make, and of course it required that Tre go back to Cleveland and kill his biological parents, but ultimately the fear that I may be infertile won out, and I didn't want all those trusts which I think are waiting for me and my issue to revert back to T.

So he's my classmate and my son. Remember that Comedy Central show with the old woman who went back to high school and tried to fit in with the people who could have been her kids? Yeah, that's what we're like.

By the way, Son, you're grounded for an extra week. Don't think I don't know about the cigarettes you've been hiding in your desk.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

You had me there for a minute. You know, before you got to the murder part.

Apple Martini said...

i like how you learned about "adult adoption" in property - ha! now you own him :)

Apple Martini said...

also, this is off the subject of your post, but your countdown is freaking me out. it reminds me too much of how far behind i am and how much i don't need to be playing on the internet...